Featured photo by Drazen Zigic | Freepik
We all have been in wedding ceremonies, and our first reaction is WOW! What a decoration. You may wonder how they have managed such a beautiful arrangement and how much money did they spend? Decorations are the most important part of any function happening. Because it is something that creates the atmosphere. In this blog, we will dive into the wedding decorations for reception, or a wedding and budgeting and all!
Let's first look into what we should keep in mind for wedding decorations for reception venue!
7 Wedding Decorations for Reception
Photo by freepic.diller | Freepik
The entry gate or the entrance is essential and one of the important parts of wedding decorations for reception. It will decide what impression your guests will get at the very first moment coming for your wedding.
Flower arches, balloons, and bespoke welcome signs are a few elements. These should be must items you should add while decorating your entrance.
Photo by Lin & Jirsa Photography
The next place we move into is decorating our stage. It is where you click most of your pictures with your guests. And also where the newlywed groom and bride sit upon. In a word, it is the 'center' for the wedding decorations for reception. You can select from a range of stage decorations. Here are a few things you may consider:
- A creative and soothing backdrop according to the theme you chose.
- Use flowers creatively and uniquely.
- Keep a simple and sweetheart table backdrop.
- Use a bud vase or any other type with a suitable kind of candle in it.
- Choose interesting and comfortable chairs.
- Consider keeping extra seats.
- Choose lighting that is not too dim or bright and add more dimensions to the wedding space.
Table Settings and Centerpieces
Next are our sitting areas, like the table and its centerpieces. It is a place where your guests are going to sit and enjoy most of the wedding. The table and the centerpiece will set the tone of your wedding ceremony. It will set the guest's mood and pull together the rest wedding decorations for reception.
Now the question is, what are the types of table and centerpiece you may choose? See, everything depends on the theme you choose. But here are a few things to look into:
- For table settings, use vases with proper flower arrangements. Use classy flowers, choose not more than 2 to 3 types of flowers, and keep it simple. See the vase according to that. If you are looking for something different, use different plants.
- Use candles like taper, votives, etc., with stands. Use taper candles or any other candles with suitable stands.
- At last, you can add a wedding favor to the table, thanking your guest for attending your wedding.
- Choose aesthetic plates, cutlery, glassware, and goblets. Use table linens like clothes and napkins.
- Keep the seats of the chair comfortable and clean. It's very important.
- Decide on the size of the tables according to the guests who will attend your wedding.
- Choose color schemes and themes, including pastels, metallics, and rustic.
Decorations for the Ceiling and Walls
Photo by sevaby | Freepik
Give some competition to the moons and stars and the constellation of the universe. After all, it's your D- day reception. When it comes to a beautiful wedding, thoughtful decorations and designs are the keys. Your priority is creative lighting, gorgeous centerpieces, and a disco dance floor. But remember what's upon your guest's head. Here are a few tips which might fuel your imagination:
- Balloons and ceilings are like bread and butter for each other. Use oversized balloons for the dance floor.
- Flowers are, as usual very common kind of decoration for ceilings. You can use a single type of flower for a dramatic presentation.
- You can use circle-framed floral decoration on the stage.
- You can ask your designer for a towering domed ceiling.
- Lantern has been a light that helped people find their way out for centuries. Use a lantern in your ceiling in your wedding decorations for reception. Fill your roof with lighted classics to guide your visitors to the fun.
Lighting is a crucial part of any wedding reception's aesthetic. It sets the tone and contributes to the success of the event. The decorations will look their best, and the mood will be more welcoming if the lights are just right.
- Lighting includes candles, fairy lights, string lights, spotlights, and chandeliers.
- Several kinds of lighting may provide various moods for the event.
- The wedding's theme and color design should inform your lighting choices for the reception.
- Lighting may be as simple as candles or as elaborate as string lights to set the mood.
- Lighting fixtures like chandeliers and spotlights can make any occasion seem more formal.
Photo by senivpetro | Freepik
Wedding receptions must have flowers in your wedding decorations for reception. Adding natural features enhances the event and setting. Flowers can make an event look consistent and smell good.
You may decorate walls, arches, tables, and flowers. Many arrangements may set the mood.
While choosing wedding reception flowers, consider the theme and color scheme. Consider the blooms' season and availability. A florist can help you pick the right flowers for your special occasion.
Decorations might include everything from unique signs to photo booths to party gifts. These ornaments make the wedding celebration more special and enjoyable for visitors.
The event may be made more memorable and enjoyable with the help of random decorations. These may double as keepsakes for guests to take home as a memento of the occasion.
The budget and style of the wedding should be taken into account while selecting wedding decorations for reception. Consider the scale of the event and the number of visitors.
Budgeting & Planning
Photo by superpicture | Freepik
Setting up money and time for wedding decorations for reception is important. That way, you won't have to worry about whether or not you'll have enough money to pull off the wedding of your dreams.
It's important to consider how much money you have available for wedding decorations and the total amount you want to spend. It's also important to look for the greatest prices and find suppliers that can assist you in sticking to your financial plan.
To set the wedding reception's tone, decorate the venue, tables, ceiling, walls, lights, flowers, and more.
Wedding decorations for reception may make the event memorable. They improve the event's tone and vibe. Carefully considering the color scheme, theme, and pricing may cause your wedding reception unique. Think ahead and have fun.