Did you know that over $2 billion of wedding decorations are sent to landfills annually? If you're looking to reduce your environmental impact, follow the below steps on how to reuse your wedding decorations. From wedding lights to ceremony aisle runners, there are plenty of ways to reuse your decor in the comfort of your home or at the next big celebration.
8 Ways to Repurpose Your Wedding Decorations
Check out these eight different ways to repurpose your wedding decorations.
Glassware Reuse Options
You can reuse your glassware by doing the following:
- You can use your glassware as everyday drinking glasses.
- After a dinner party, you could wash and dry them and put them back away for another party.
- You can also sell or donate your glassware so that others may enjoy it at their event.
- If you are interested in giving your glassware away for free, consider donating them to a shelter so those in need may find them helpful.
Cake Stand Reuse Options
Cake stands can be reused in various ways. You can display your wedding cake on it or use it as an alternative to a vase for a bouquet. You can also place flowers or another décor inside the stand and display them on a tabletop for guests to admire. If you do not want to keep your cake stand, you could always sell it back to your baker or get rid of it by donating it. Another option is to find someone else who is looking to buy one. Lastly, you could use it as decoration at another event!
A great way to reuse your wedding decorations is by turning small mirrors into wall decor. You can buy mirrors at the dollar store and then use a small piece of ribbon, glue, and glitter to attach them to the wall. Mirrors are also great for filling empty frames around the house. They make great art pieces in any house room, and they will always remind you of your special day!
If you have any leftover favors from your wedding reception, turn them into a cute decoration. Attach ribbon to either side and tie it together so that it hangs down in the shape of an X or hang them from a door knob. They're perfect for an outdoor summer wedding party!
Candle holders are versatile and can be used for many different things. Check out these different ways to reuse them!
- Use them as luminaries in your garden at night.
- Create a centerpiece that showcases your favorite candlesticks.
- Make a wreath with them using wire or ribbon to create a circular frame and the candle holder in the center.
- Place them around your food table as decoration for your guests.
- Place one on each side of the front door for an extra special touch when you greet guests with lit candles.
- Dress up an already beautiful piece of furniture by adding votives or tea lights inside the candle holders.
- Place a small vase or bowl underneath the candle holder as a planter.
Candles are a great way to reuse your wedding decor for other occasions. You can use them as a centerpiece or party decoration or give them away as a gift! If you are looking for an alternative use for your candles, you might want to try making votives with them.
- All you need is some glass votive holders, candle wax, and wicks.
- Melt the wax in the microwave until it is entirely liquid.
- Then pour it into each holder and let it cool.
- Next, dip the wick into the cooled wax up to the top of where you want the center of your votive to be.
- Finally, tie a ribbon around the center of your votives to make them look prettier and more personalized for any occasion!
Candelabras can be reused in many different ways. You can use them as a centerpiece for an outdoor event, or you can use them as a chandelier in your home. You can also replace the candles with flower bulbs to create a Christmastime ambiance. If you are getting married on the beach and want something light, consider sandblasting the candelabra.
You can also take it apart and use the parts individually for something else. Cut off one of the arms to make a cup holder for your next tailgate party. The candelabra base is often sturdy enough to hold a vase full of flowers without tipping over. These decorative holders make great additions to any table setting or bouquet.
Vases are typically used for holding flowers, but they can be used for much more. They're great for storing small items like pens and erasers, or you can even use them as a pretty organizer for odds and ends on your desk. To make the vase look prettier, fill it with water and add a few floating flowers or tea lights if desired. They're always suitable for housing your freshly cut flowers!
You can also use vases to hold candles to create a fantastic centerpiece display. Alternatively, you could take one out into nature by filling it with wildflowers and placing it in a particular area of interest, such as at the base of a tree or near a pond.
Using it as a receptacle for potpourri is a great idea, which is especially lovely during the wintertime. For brides who don't have time to do this themselves, some companies will come and pick up everything from your wedding.
Don't throw away your place cards after your wedding. Frame them instead! Place card frames are inexpensive, easy to find, and will preserve the memories of everyone who helped make your special day perfect. Plus, it's a great way to decorate your home or office with pictures of those who were there for you on one of the best days!
Flower petals can be used in several ways. They can be dried and stored until needed, composted, or given back to the gardener. You could also save them for next year's wedding, so they don't go to waste. If you have an abundance of petals, you could even create your flower arrangements!
Fill vases with water and add the leftovers from your reception, then place these vases on tables around your venue. The colors will look beautiful when mixed. The leftover petals can also be frozen in ice cube trays to use as ice cubes at future summer events.
Many people reuse their wedding decorations by hanging them up at home or giving them away to family members and friends as gifts. Reusing your wedding decorations can also save you money on storage costs and allow you to enjoy them in your home instead of storing them away in the attic or garage for several years before using them again.
We hope this list was helpful for you and that you were able to find some new ideas for how to reuse your wedding decorations! There is no time limit on when you can use your decorations, so don't feel you need to rush.